Tuesday 3 June 2014

Prom Prepping! 1 month to go!



Face Care, Young skin, Natural Products, Sensitive Skin Care




My year 11 prom is coming up at the end of the month and during a big event, people will probably be taking pictures and you're going to want to be looking haute! To ensure this, I usually take a month out prior to the event and start clearing my face of any nasties, you need a fresh canvas to paint on! Here are a few face care tips taken from my own routine.

Exfoliate! Take your trusty exfoliator and scrub up! Do this maybe 3 times a week but don't over do it, your skin needs it's natural oils too. Try not to switch exfoliators too often as your skin may not be able adapt and get used to the new product quick enough in time for your prom or event, so play it safe and find one that suits your skin and stick to it. I have Burts Bees Deep Pore Scrub. It smells so good and scrubs out all the bad stuff.

If you're wanting to go all out, try using some masks but again, don't over do it! 2 times a week should do the trick!

Cleanliness is godliness. When you look all pretty and dolled up during the day, don't forget to take off your makeup before you go to bed, otherwise you'll undo all the exfoliating and have to start all over again! I find the best way to maintain good skin is to wear less make up, that way you don't clog up pores and you don't have to put any extra chemicals on your skin. And dont forget to use toner on your face to pick up the spots you've missed in the hard-to-get areas. I use a rich and soft Hot Cloth Cleanser by REN and a lovely Skin Tonic Spritzer by Liz Earle, however judging by it's missing link on the Liz Earle website, it must have discontinued. However, you can try their other toner, the Instant Boost Skin Tonic (Note: I haven't tried this product before so let me know if you've tried it!)

If you find a couple blemishes, I use a roll on by Decleor- I love it and it works a treat for me, go check it out!

Moisturise! When you put your skin through chemicals and products, you find that your skin becomes dry because the products can strip your skin of it's natural oils, so put it all back in by moisturising! You can also try a couple serums or oils to make your skin look super! Also, don't forget to rehydrate and drink up! After cleansing my face, my body temperature rises a little so drinking a cold glass of water feels awesome! I have a Balance Me Moisturiser  I really like it as it's light and it absorbs quickly. I sometimes apply this moisturiser before I put my face on, it's so handy!

Don't forget your hair! Apply some Argan oil to your hair- this can prepare it for styling on the big day. I find that Argan oil is my emergency hair product, when ever my hair feels dry and damaged, I apply a little oil and it instantly looks better!

Protect yourself! Add a little SPF sun cream everyday, even when it's looking grey and gloomy, the sun is still out and the UV rays are still there. This helped even out my complexion and I lost the redness in my skin too! Score! Plus it doubles up as a great primer too!

Don't forget your lips! Mine are always dry as I tend to forget about them during my routine. Throw a couple little lip balms in your bag and rehydrate your lips whenever you remember, try to apply it every hour or so and get in the habit of balming up! I'm currently loving EOS Lipbalms and Balmi lipblams- very similar but if I had to choose one, I'd go with EOS but you can't just have one though! The balmi lippys are easier to get your hands on as I got mine at boots for about £3

Of course, the products I have mentioned might not suit your skin, so go use your own products and tell me how you get on!

Are there any things you do to prep before an event?

Ps. I'm very sorry for the lack of quality in my pictures, I broke my arm last week and turns out, you can't take a good picture with a heavy camera. Hopefully, I'll be all healed in time for prom! A sling wasn't my idea of a must have accessory...



Share:

5 comments

  1. Aw, well done for getting a photo up! Thought you weren't going to manage it with your arm fractured! (the liz earle skin tonic spritzer is same as the one you've got in the spritzer, i think! same product, different packaging) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got my prom in about 3 weeks too so reading this was very useful! I just made a beauty blog so it would be cool if you'd check it out :) taraclare.blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even in a sling you would still look gorgeous!
    The Liz Earle Toner is lovely, I really like the smell of it too.

    Amy x | A Little Boat Sailing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Liz Earl is so amazing! Her cleanser is beaut

    check out my blog, if you have the time?
    http://georgianicolaou.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

© Brise | Teen Lifestyle Blogger | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig