Sunday 12 January 2014

Maybelline New York Dream Matte Mousse

Maybelline New York Dream Matte Foundation, Foundation for asian skin

Maybelline New York Dream Matte Foundation, Foundation for asian skin
Maybelline New York Dream Matte Foundation, Foundation for asian skin


In my recent haul, I came across this Dream Matte Mousse from Maybelline New York. For a very long time, I believed that this product was very heavy and cakey but I suddenly felt the urge to give it a go and to my surprise, it's completely the opposite to what I thought. A lot of young girls tend to use this in the wrong way. They usually slap way too much on their face making it look very thick. 

Although the product is a foundation, I find it very hard to use and make it look natural so I apply very little to small areas as a concealer. If I us this as foundation, I feel as if it's so smooth that it feels like it doesn't sit on my face and the make up I put on top of it (like liquid eyeliner or blush etc.) doesn't stay put. I have this in Nude which matches my olive asian skin tone very well once it is blended in properly. I use this on top of my usual BB cream and finish it off with a matte powder. Despite the product stating that it is a matte finish, I feel like it becomes greasy and oily throughout the day. So I put very little on my skin to avoid a face that resembles warm butter. However, after asking other girls they don't have the same problem, so perhaps it only certain skin types that this suits.

I bought this on offer at Boots but the usual price is £7.69. I wouldn't buy this on a regular basis because of the texture but due to how much I use anyway, I doubt I'll be running out anytime soon.

What's your opinion of this hidden gem?
Do you have the same problem as me?


Share:

7 comments

  1. I like the idea of a foundation being in a glass jar packaging. do you apply this with a brush or with fingers? (ps. love the gold glitter nail polish!) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I apply this with my ring finger so that I can control how much I use, then I use a brush to blend it in :) xxx

      Delete
  2. I used to use that until they got rid of the colour I went for and I had to mix it with face cream.
    Great post xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've personally never tried this as I'm wary of mousse type textures. Rimmel have a new foundation out which is supposed to be quite good for oily skin, it has a matte finish to it.
    Amy x A Little Boat Sailing

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm waiting your next post using this foundation dear :D
    i'm curious to see it :)


    WWW.PUTRIVALENTINALIM.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there ^ _ ^ I've never used this product either although I have heard of it from a friend. I don't think it would work well with my skin because I am VERY oily haha and I agree, I feel my eyeliner and other stuff would slip off >////< Cute cute blog!!

    chocokittiehk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to use it all the time but gone off it. Liquid foundation is the way to go for me :) x

    ReplyDelete

© Brise | Teen Lifestyle Blogger | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig