Sunday 26 January 2014

Foundation Routine

Decleor, Foundation, BB cream, Foundation for asian skin
Decleor, BB Cream, Foundation for asian skin, Real Technique, Rimmel London, Dream Matte Mousse
Rimmel London, Stay Matte Powder, Clear Complexion, Translucent Powder

For me, I think of make-up as art and your face is a canvas. But how can you paint a picture on a bad quality canvas? That's why I think that the first layer of make-up is by far the most important layer. 

Firstly, I use a natural face moisturiser that is without paraben or any other nasty chemicals. I then add a thin layer of Decleor BB Cream. This BB cream is ultra creamy and just gives you a very smooth appearance. The colour is also very light which allows your face to show it's original natural colour instead of making you look like a completely different person! I squeeze a small amount onto the back of my hand, warm it up a little and with my ring finger, dot it on my forehead, chin, cheeks and my nose. I then blend it all in with my Real Technique Stippling Brush. I absolutely adore Real Technique brushes, I prefer using the stippling brush to blend and buff rather than the foundation flat brushes as I find it a lot more difficult to end up with a non-stripey face.

After using the BB cream, I occasionally dab a VERY small amount of Stay Matte Mousse Foundation onto areas that need concealing. I use my ring finger for this and then blend it in with my stippling brush. I lastly brush on a thin layer of Rimmel London's Clear Complexion Powder. I used to use their Stay Matte powder but realised that it does slightly change the colour of my face even after applying foundation. I have oily skin so I tend to keep some sort of powder in my bag for a little touch up but if I used Stay Matte, I'd end up looking very very tan by the end of the day. When I first used this product, the sample terrified me as it only had one shade and my finger looked as if I had dipped it in baby talcum powder which is not attractive! But when I rubbed it in, it was gone! You couldn't see it at all. This powder is translucent and it's my hero. I also use another brush from Real Techniques for this layer. I have a big powder brush and I love it. It's so soft and picks up enough powder to spread it out evenly.

The price of the 40ml BB cream is at a very steep £29 but it lasts me a very long time! This claims to have 5 actions, It moisturises for 24 hours, evens out the complexion, refines the skin's texture, protects from urban pollution and it also has SPF 15. For my skin, it's perfect! It's available in 3 shades and the medium shade suits me best with my olive asian skin tone. 



Share:

7 comments

  1. OMG I am dying for these real techniques brushes for my Birthday - can't wait now!

    I found your blog via BlogLovin and would love if you could stop by & catch up on my latest GHD Party Hair Tutorial & Pink Jewel Styler post for some inspiration too :)

    www.lurchhoundloves.com
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/4995777/LurchHoundLoves-Fashion-Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a large fan of your blog and I follow you on bloglovin, and I have nominated you for the Liebster Award. Check out my questions for you here.
    gemmateejay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah I love the Real Techniques Powder Brush it's amazing isn't it?! xx

    Gemma // missmakeupmagpie.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! Great post!
    I nominated you for a Versatile Blogger Award!

    Laura x

    Laura's Land of Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blog is gorgeous! Can't believe I just found it!
    Just followed :)
    Sarah xx
    ballerinasandbuttons.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blog is really enjoyable to read! It really is Vanessa! Great job (and the layout is so cute). I actually really like the rimmel stay matte but we all have our opinions;) there is actually a translucent version of the rimmel stay matte powder. works like a dream! Anway you have found yourself a new follower:) Please check out my teen beauty blog. I love the teen blogging community, and its nice to connect with people around the world. Anyways, good luck, xx
    love Jenna :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the dream matte mouse! I feel it gives me good coverage but isn't too thick and is really lightweight!

    ReplyDelete

© Brise | Teen Lifestyle Blogger | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig