Tuesday 7 January 2014

MeMeMe Pearl pink Iridescent Complexion Illuminator & Highlighter

MeMeMe, MeMeMe Beat the Blues, MeMeMe Highlighter, Pearl pink, highlighters for asian skin

MeMeMe, MeMeMe highlighter, MeMeMe beat the blues

Hello! With the dull weather getting us down, we can't let our flawless faces give in and match the gloomy weather! I recently used the MeMeMe highlighter called Beat the Blues in Pearl Pink. In my opinion, I think it's very similar to the High Beam highlighter from Benefit except just a little creamier. 
This highlighter also comes in 2 nude shades, The Oyster Gold which is a sandy colour with is fantastic for darker skintones and the Pearl Pink which is a light pink that goes superb with the lighter skintones. I have an olive/asian skintone and I think the Pearl pink suits me better.

I apply this with my foundation and I put a little (don't need a lot) on my cheekbones, a tiny bit on my temple area and a touch on the bridge of my nose. I sometimes mix a small amout of this with my bb cream or the light foundation I'm using to give my face more of a dewy look and healthy shine. Because of it's texture, you don't need to use a lot. My first mistake when using this was underestimating how much I needed and ended up with a face that looks oily and patchy, so be careful when using this.

I have heard many people compare this with the Benefit HighBeam. The colours are very close to each other, the textures are different and you don't need a lot with either of them. The price however, is not close at all. The MeMeMe Beat the Blues is £5.50 and the Benefit HighBeam is £19.50, so Beat the Blues is definitely more my price.

Have you tried these products? What do you think?

PS. I apologise for the bad quality of pictures. Due to school and the grey days, it's super hard for me to catch the light so once I find light, I'll take better pictures. Promise!

 photo bb_signature_zps3b471a31.jpg

 photo 1-31-12-how-to-add-social-media-buttons_zpse9fb3b8d.png photo pin_zps59e47916.png photo email_zps6e3d1ef3.jpg

Share:

4 comments

  1. I've not tried these products but I may have too. Thanks for the review

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep meaning to try this as it is supposedly a dupe for Benefit High Beam, it sure sounds lovely :)
    Amy x A Little Boat Sailing

    ReplyDelete
  3. How interesting!! I haven't used this product in my makeup routine, but I'm getting interested ;D


    chocokittiehk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. As I was scrolling past, I thought it looked a lot like high beam!

    Keelisbeautyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

© Brise | Teen Lifestyle Blogger | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig