Sunday 29 January 2017

I'm a Ballerina!

Ballerina- Inspired Workshop, Ballerina, Ballerina Film, RAD, Royal Academy of Dance, Ballet, Barre work, Barre

A Workshop Inspired By Ballerina (Film)

Before I came back to University, I helped my Dance School with a Children's workshop. This was organised by the Royal Academy of Dance in collaboration of the film release, Ballerina. At the workshop, I help to teach 3 classes which varied in age from ages 4-7 and 8-13.

I must admit although ballet has always been my forte, I've been convincing myself that I'm not a ballerina anymore as I've been off the barre for 12 weeks... I study contemporary dance at University and sadly, I haven't had the opportunity to continue with ballet.

... But after dancing for 5 hours in this workshop which was inspired by the film, Ballerina, I feel like I've really gotten stronger as a dancer, not just physically but mentally as well. Ballet will always be my passion, discipline, and motivation and I can't tell you how grateful I am for that.

I surprised myself at the working, to be honest, as my teaching skills have even excelled after taking a break, so I'm super proud of that! I've still got it!

Ballerina- Inspired Workshop, Ballerina, Ballerina Film, RAD, Royal Academy of Dance, Ballet, Barre work, Barre, Arabesque

I have always looked up to my lovely colleague, H. Because she's such a beautiful dancer with lovely lines, incredible strength and amazing long legs that were so flexible, we could probably feed herself with her own foot. I've always wanted to be strong in my pointe work and be able to hold a 'leg in the air' position, just like H.

I've had the best time in this Ballerina-inspired workshop, and it was wonderful to see so many faces - old and new - and so many beautiful colourful tutus! (I wish I could've taken a photo! It was honestly amazing!)

Hope you're all having a wonderful start to the year so far!


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Brise | Teen Lifestyle Blogger | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig